Monday, February 8, 2010

CONGRATS TO ANTHONY

On January 30th, Anthony auditioned for acceptance to American Musical and Dramatic Academy. ADMA is a conservatory for fine Arts that offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Musical Theatre. They have a campuses in Los Angles and New York City.

We were told at the audition that it would be three to four weeks before we would hear if Anthony was accepted. Well, last Thursday, the 4th of February Anthony got a voice mail for AMDA. AMDA was calling to tell Anthony that he was accepted. That was only four Days!! ! And he was awarded a $20, 000 scholarship. $5000 per year.

And they want Anthony to start in the Summer semester and not wait for the Fall Semester.

Here is a link to the school AMDA

If you want to know the song that Anthony sung. Here is a link to the Song "This is the Moment"





Anthony's Monologue was from "You're a Good man Charlie Brown"

Here it is :
LUNCHTIME

I think lunchtime is about the worst time of day for me. Always having to sit here alone. Of course, sometimes, mornings aren't so pleasant either. Waking up and wondering if anyone would really miss me if I never got out of bed. Then there's the night, too. Lying there and thinking about all the stupid things I've done during the day. And all those hours in between when I do all those stupid things. Well, lunchtime is among the worst times of the day for me.
Well, I guess I'd better see what I've got. Peanut butter. Some psychiatrists say that people who eat peanut butter sandwiches are lonely...I guess they're right. And when you're really lonely, the peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth. There's that cute little red-headed girl eating her lunch over there. I wonder what she would do if I went over and asked her if I could sit and have lunch with her?...She'd probably laugh right in my face...it's hard on a face when it gets laughed in. There's an empty place next to her on the bench.
There's no reason why I couldn't just go over and sit there. I could do that right now. All I have to do is stand up...I'm standing up!...I'm sitting down. I'm a coward. I'm so much of a coward, she wouldn't even think of looking at me. She hardly ever does look at me. In fact, I can't remember her ever looking at me.
Why shouldn't she look at me? Is there any reason in the world why she shouldn't look at me? Is she so great, and I'm so small, that she can't spare one little moment?...SHE'S LOOKING AT ME!! SHE'S LOOKING AT ME!! (he puts his lunchbag over his head.) ...Lunchtime is among the worst times of the day for me. If that little red-headed girl is looking at me with this stupid bag over my head she must think I'm the biggest fool alive. But, if she isn't looking at me, then maybe I could take it off quickly and she'd never notice it.
On the other hand...I can't tell if she's looking, until I take it off! Then again, if I never take it off I'll never have to know if she was looking or not. On the other hand...it's very hard to breathe in here. (he removes his sack) Whew! She's not looking at me! I wonder why she never looks at me? Oh well, another lunch hour over with...only 2,863 to go.

So now we have federal aid to apply for and schedule a trip to the school. Anthony will only have two weeks between the day he graduates from High School to the first day of classes at AMDA.


Fasten your seat belts!!!!





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats Anthony! Will you be going to the LA or NYC campus?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
-Eric

Chris said...

LA campus. LA is the only campus offering a degree program.